Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Why People Who Have Jobs Don’t Like MLM or Network Marketing

Soo…I was to do two posts but I worked late (I’ll blog about that later) and got tired so here is part 2.
So, I spoke about entrepreneurs go on and on about network marketing and why people won’t live their dreams working a J.O.B. Well, I can speak on BOTH ends because I am working now! (My story later).
Plain and simple, people who have jobs that don’t like like MLM or Network Marketing are under one of these categories:
  • They LOVE their job and complacent, they can’t see themselves ANYWHERE else
  • They think running a business is too hard may not have the discipline to stick it out.
  • Need a guaranteed paycheck and think that Network Marketing does not give the income needed RIGHT NOW.
  • Thinks every MLM or network marketing business is a SCAM
  • Been in a MLM or network marketing business and HAVE been scammed, burned, failed.
Notice I didn’t say why people with jobs don’t JOIN them, because people do, find it’s not for them and happy to work.
Here are some arguments with rebuttals on excuses that employees make on why they won’t invest in themselves:
Employee: I don’t want to pay an autoship. They will take $XYZ out of my check.
Rebuttal: Your employer takes 20% out of YOUR paycheck every 2 weeks. No one says anything. So your salary is $25,000 but really it’s $20,000 a year.

Employee: If I have my business, when tax season comes, I will have to pay it back.
Rebuttal: No, as a business owner, you fall in a different tax bracket. You will put MORE money in your pocket because you can deduct expenses you CAN’T as an employee. See your CPA.

Employee: Yeah, all you do is sit on your ass everyday.
Rebuttal: Yeah? Okay…blogging, taking calls, checkin’ emails, surfing the web, playing on Facebook, and webinars with teammates…I guess I do. But so do you. Only difference is, I come and go as I please, I determine my hours, my pay, I can see my kids before and after school. I don’t have to ask permission to even excuse myself to the restroom, or see the look on my boss’s face if I run in a couple minutes late for lunch – because I AM my own boss!

Employee: Yeah but I need money now, and at least I get a guaranteed paycheck.
Rebuttal. You’re right. But see, you will get that over the next 20, 25, 30 or more years and still be working hard. As a business owner, I may start with zero, but I determine my future, and when I start getting paid, it will INCREASE and so I may only have to work for 1, 2 to 5 years making 6figures or more, retired, living life, having free time…I won’t have to wait for my job to tell me when to to retire before I can live.


But let me stop right there. If I get resistance I have to move on? Why, because you can’t go through life CONVINCING people against their will. You just can’t. If they resist you, but come on board because they feel obligated, they will waste MY time, and they will set THEMSELVES up for failure!

Did you know we are ALL supposed to prosper? We are NOT MADE to be broke, stuck, busted and disgusted. We are all meant to have a prosperous life! But that idea was somehow buried with the way our society feels is the ‘American Way’ and conditions MOST people that without a job you are not going anywhere in life. That’s not to say if you have one you’re a loser…not even that. I commend those that do what they have to do (like myself for now)…but we all have dreams, we all have a goal, and when you are trading time for money, are you truly happy?
I say, if you have a job but looking for more, do a business you will love, on the SIDE to supplement your income. Then when you won’t have to worry about life just flying by.
I have a goal in mind and my goal is to be back where I was last year. I’ll have to tell ya all about it, in my next blog post.

1 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this blog. Reading it today has inspired me to keep working hard with the MLM company I currently work for.

    ReplyDelete